Lady Gwenllian Le-Strange Tudor finds berries that resemble blueberries on the island. Unsure she should consume, she decides to wait instead for a delivery from the Sky gods.
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour (sifted)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup lemon juice from real lemons
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
Preheat the oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9 by 13 inch cake pan.
Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
In a separate bowl, beat the butter, sugar and lemon zest until fluffy or for two minutes. Then, add in the vanilla extract and eggs. Mix for another minute.
Whisk together the lemon juice and buttermilk.
- Alternate between the dry and wet ingredients until just combined using a spoon or the mixer on low speed.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the batter with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar once cooled or use a buttercream frosting with 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Decorate with blueberries.