It’s autumn on the castaway island, but Island Ginger still craves her favorite fall apple cake. Fortunately, a mix-up in the drone food delivery system means a fall apple cake falls from the Sky Mall.
Fall Apple Cake
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 cups of sifted flour
- 4 cups finely chopped apples
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts (for the topping)
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Cream sugar and butter. Add eggs and beat. Sift together dry ingredients. Add to mixture. At the end, stir in the shredded apples, mixing well with a spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes in a 9 X 13 sheet pan.
- After cooled, frost with vanilla homemade buttercream frosting. Island Ginger likes to spike the frosting with dark rum. Dot with the chopped walnuts.