When Lady Tudor attempts to replicate the pistachio cake recipe, she multiplies the recipe by 50 so the layers that reach to the ceiling. Oddly, she never actually eats the cake because it would ruin the art of the gateau.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 pistachio instant pudding mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup ginger ale or 7 Up
- 1 box pistachio pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cups cold milk
- 8 oz. whipped topping
- Combine cake mix, 1 box pistachio pudding, oil, eggs, and ginger ale.
- Mix well and pour into greased 9 by 13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle of cake comes out clean. Cool.
- To make frosting: Add cold milk to 1 box of pistachio pudding mix in a medium mixing bowl. Fold in 1 cup of whipped topping such as Cool Whip. Add green food coloring if desired.
- Store in refrigerator. Sprinkle with walnuts or pecans if desired. Use plump blackberries for a garnish.